Thursday, October 29, 2009

So... I've been told that I need to update!!!

The past few days I have been super busy making diapers! Yesterday I spent all day putting snaps on diapers. I never imagined that it would take so long to put snaps on 12 diapers! Today I am on the the next batch of ten and at the same time attempting to tame the laundry monster that was created by my oh so loving family while I was sick. Being a mom, wife, and entrepreneur is a lot of work! It is way more work than I ever expected and I am loving every moment of it. There are a few things that are going to happen in the near future

First, thanks to fabric back orders stocking this past Wednesday didn't happen and stocking next Wednesday isn't going to happen either because the fabrics won't ship until Monday. I guess I shouldn't have bought her out! On the other hand, I am offering a few customs on a first come first served basis because I do have some fabrics in stock for the insides. Secondly, I may need to increase my cost per diaper once I crunch some numbers for my first stocking in November. The cost of the hemp bamboo and OBV is more than bamboo fleece and I shouldn't take a huge hit to be competitive with others who are using less costly materials than I. If I do decide to increase my price it will not be that much, maybe $3. Thirdly, in my trials of being a new WAHM I have discovered that I need to give myself more time to do customs and snaps so from now on its going to be 1-3 weeks and 3-5 days respectively. On a final note, I am going to place all snaps the day or two after my stocking so that I can match up the snaps perfectly when snap closures are desired. I love to use two different colors on these diapers! The final product is amazing in my opinion. So, unless specified other wise I am going to use two colors on every snap closure diaper. The studs will be one color and the sockets will be another. It is my goal to have the premade diapers all shipped within 2-3 days. I am one person and I can only work so fast. I appreciate everyone's patience and promise to communicate if there are any unexpected delays.

No comments:

Post a Comment